RFP Documents (Required)
RFP Documents (Optional)
RFP Supporting Documents
About the RFP
The Capitol Region Council of Governments (CRCOG) is inviting municipalities to submit proposals for Transportation Improvement Projects for funding under the Local Transportation Capital Improvement Program (LOTCIP). CRCOG is reserving $33.75 million from the following categories for this purpose: Reconstruction (roadway and bridge) projects, Bicycle/Pedestrian projects, Pavement Rehabilitation projects and Stand-Alone Sidewalk projects. Each municipality may submit materials for two (2) Project proposals in any combination, however CRCOG will limit the award to no more than $4 million per municipality.
This solicitation assumes the continuation of current LOTCIP funding levels. Therefore, at this time, selection under this solicitation does not guarantee funding.
Submissions must be received by February 22, 2023 by 2:00pm.
*NEW: For municipalities wishing to participate in a pre-application workshop, CRCOG is offering a voluntary workshop on Monday, January 23, 2023, scheduled at 11 am to highlight project elements that may improve an application’s rating and to review cost estimating expectations.
For municipalities planning to submit projects that address pavement issues, CRCOG is offering a free voluntary pre-application pavement treatment category opinion by a pavement expert pre-vetted by CTDOT. Per CRCOG’s Selection Policy, the appropriateness of the pavement treatment is a factor in how a pavement structural improvement will be rated. If interested, please complete the Pavement Condition and Needs Assessment Request form and return to Sotoria Montanari (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 9 to participate. The pavement category opinion will be provided by January 23, 2023.
The projects must meet the following CTDOT LOTCIP eligibility requirements:
- LOTCIP projects must be located on roadways functionally classified as urban collector or higher. Projects on rural minor collectors and local road classifications are not eligible. (https://portal.ct.gov/DOT/PP_SysInfo/Functional-Classification-Maps)
- Exclusive (stand-alone) sidewalk projects and pedestrian improvements are eligible along roadways of any classification.
- Bridge improvements are eligible on any roadway classification, however bridges on rural minor collectors and local roads must meet requirements defined in 23 CFR650.305 (have a length of 20 feet or more).
To apply for LOTCIP funds, please complete the following forms for each project:
- LOTCIP Application
- CTDOT Bicycle and Pedestrian Travel Needs Assessment Form
- 2023 LOTCIP Cost Estimating Template
- 2020 CRCOG Complete Streets Compliance Form
Return 2 hardcopies and 1 electronic copy by Wednesday, February 22, 2023 by 2:00pm to:
Mr. Rob Aloise, CRCOG Director of Planning
241 Main Street, 4th Floor
Hartford, CT 06106
Electronic Copy: email@example.com
Staff anticipates completing its review and ranking of the proposals in May, 2023, with CRCOG committee endorsements expected in June, 2023.